Talent Matching Europe is an international partnership for tutors and trainers who are supporting young people to gain access to work and careers in Europe’s cultural and creative industries. Funded by the European Union’s Erasmus+ programme until August 2018, Talent Matching is led by Collage Arts (UK) working with Mulab (Italy), Fundacja Arteria (Poland), Association Prostor Plus (Croatia), CEPS Projectes Socials (Spain) and Rinova (UK).
The project is focused on the development of the skills for a new role in Europe – the ‘vocational mentor’ who works with companies, employers and work commissioners from the cultural sector on the one side; and young talented people who would like to access work or careers in the sector on the other. It also works with educational and vocational training organisations to bring all the parties together.
The project takes as its starting point Talent Match London, and specifically the Talent Match programme operated by Collage Arts in North London. Find out more about Talent Match in North London by clicking here.
The project involves a number of specific activities:
- Research, to examine the way that the vocational mentor role is development in the cultural sector job entry routes and employment trends – and what training and qualifications exist that are relevant to the role,
- Assessing and outlining training needs to develop the professional standards
- Develop new training programmes for vocational mentors
- Create a new online network for vocational mentors and provide wide-ranging opportunities for shared learning experiences
- Organise European mobilities to ‘train the trainers’
The first set of activities on the project have already achieved results. Find out more by visiting these links: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY OF TME IO1 TRANSNATIONAL RESEARCH STUDY / TME OCCUPATIONAL PROFILE / TME COMPETENCY FRAMEWORK
Register interest in Talent Matching Europe HERE or connect with our social networks on facebook and twitter